Africa and International Business
The ITOO International Desk provides bespoke insurance solutions for all specialist liability business outside the borders of South Africa. We write our local insurance capacity in the countries where Hollard has registered offices. These include Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Zambia.
The Desk provides reinsurance capacity to our offices and accepts reinsurance inwards from non-UN sanctioned territories across Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands (subject always to compliance with local reinsurance regulations).
Our objective is to participate in the risks that we write rather than merely fronting, which does not assist us in growing our book and contributing capacity to the local market.
Our risk capacity is as follows:
- General liability – R500 million
- Single project liability – R500 million
- Project professional indemnity – R100 million
- Financial lines/Bankers blanket bonds – R350 million
- Directors and officers liability – R500 million
- Trustees liability – R350 million
- Medical malpractice – R350 million
We also write niche liabilities in respect of:
- First party cyber – R20 million
- Environmental liability – R20 million
- Commercial drone liability – R20 million
If you have a large single risk or client portfolio, we will look at layered programmes or co-insurance participation, provided that the local insurer or ceding company meets with the security requirements of the Hollard Reinsurance Risk Committee.
We can write local currency policies in the countries where there are Hollard offices, and dollar-based policies where there is no representative office.