Employment Practices Liability
The policy protects the company (entity) as well as the directors and officers for claims made against them for any actual or alleged employment practice infringements in the workplace.
Cover extends to legal fees, damages, awards and settlements.
Labour disputes are dealt with on several levels, either through bargaining councils, the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA), the Labour Court or by private arbitration.
- Wrongful dismissal for misconduct, poor performance, illness, injury or incompatibility
- Inadequate provision of benefits or training
- Failure to promote, demotion, suspension, warnings, probation
- Inaccurate whistle-blowing
- Sexual harassment
- Victimisation due to the exercising of legal or organisational rights