The consequences of a pollution incident are severe, not only in the form of serious fines and penalties for your business, but for the surrounding environment and community involved. From reputation to responsibility, the ripple effects of damage can take years to resolve. Our iTOO environmental experts know exactly how to handle every detail to facilitate the management, emergency response, ecological restoration and public relations protocol to ensure your business and the environment survive. If you’re a responsible business, we’re the expert you can trust to responsibly cover you.
Service that makes a way. Expertise that leads the way.
At iTOO we offer South Africa’s first fully comprehensive environmental cover specialising in customised, affordable products that equip you do the right thing for your business and the environment.
We cover all forms of industries from trucks and filling stations to airports and mines. Our cover includes sudden and accidental risks as well as gradual pollution, even for existing conditions, with four bespoke offerings:
- Tanksafe: for filling stations, depots and industrial properties.
- Trucksafe: for hazardous or non-hazardous goods in transit.
- Sitesafe: for landfill sites, mines, chemical plants and pipelines.
- Propsafe: derisking M&A deals that involve potentially-polluted property
We are different
- At iTOO our specialists want to save you money, which is why we offer expert tailored products suited to your business and industry with specific risk criteria analysis and free risk assessment.
- We have paid 100% of our claims to date.
- We are the only insurer to offer a dedicated Loss Adjuster on each and every case, meaning we pass savings from claims onto you in lower premiums.
- Our rewards for good practice mean you can save up to 70% premium reduction for best-in-class risk management systems.
- Rest easy with access to the best PR experts, a dedicated panel of clean-up contractors and a pre-approved emergency response budget of R250 000. And our panel of clean-up contractors are audited twice per year. Our selection criteria means we choose the best contractor for your incident, at the lowest cost.
A large chemical warehouse fire.
- A large chemical warehouse fire results in 18 km of river contamination, with run-off, debris and chemical pollution. Not only is the entire warehouse area contaminated but as a result, Durban harbour is polluted, and its surrounding public and businesses spaces evacuated.
A fuel line ruptures.
- A fuel line leading from the offloading point to the tanks of a filling station ruptures underground (undetected during off-loading), spilling 25 000lt of petrol into the soil and groundwater environment.
A hazardous goods carrier loses its load.
- A hazardous goods carrier loses its load on the N3, blocking it for 2 full days. Whilst clean-up continues, liquid waste runs into a neighbouring river polluting a farmer’s dam.
How to get cover
All iTOO business has to be done via independent brokers so please ask your broker to contact us if you would like to get a quote for your Environmental cover. If you do not have a broker and would like us to recommend possible FAIS registered brokers trained in our products, please fill in your details on our Find a Broker page. If you are a broker and would like more detail about our cover, please contact one of our product experts, whose details can be found here.
Pollution can spread very quickly and the sooner we are contacted, the quicker we can respond to prevent further damages and limit your exposure. Once our clean up team gets involved, we’ll keep you in the loop every step of the way. Our dedicated environmental experts always ensure pollution is taken care of as quickly as possible, not only according to the law, but the highest international standards.